The Cultural Trust is committed to encouraging excellence and supporting a vibrant, world-class arts scene in Australia. The Cultural Trust offers grants to assist emerging and early career artists of exceptional talent to take up professional opportunities, usually overseas.
They support applicants who can demonstrate both initiative and exceptional talent, together with an ability to convert their ambitions to reality.
The Trust primarily provides support for structured professional development overseas such as:
• Postgraduate study
• Mentoring or private lessons
• Residencies or study tours which have a clear educational focus.
The Trust may also consider supporting:
• The purchase of non-standard musical instruments or equipment
• Costs of film-making for final year or post-grad film students
• Professional development opportunities within Australia.