The ANXIETY 2017 FESTIVAL (Sydney, September – November, 2017) seeks EoIs for 3 Commissions of up to $25,000 each, for new works aligning with the themes of the festival.
ANX!ETY 2017 is a new arts festival that fosters adventurous interdisciplinary collaboration and artistic innovation to address some of the biggest challenges in mental health. Spanning over 20 venues across Greater Sydney, the festival aims to be a transformative force in both arts and mental health. Its component projects will explore anxiety, stress, illness and mental health from culturally diverse and neurodiverse perspectives, and through cutting edge art practice and pioneering modes of community engagement.
Proposals may encompass visual, sound, multimedia, or performing arts. Preference will be given to work with a strong social practice or community engagement aspect, and/or innovative mental health outcomes.
Criteria for assessment of applications:
- high artistic merit
- alignment with the themes of the Anxiety Festival 2017 (as summarised above)
- innovative strategies for addressing mental health
- strength of community engagement
- potential impact (during and beyond the festival)
- viability of venue, logistics and any technological aspects
- viability of budget
Submit by CoB on 15 July 2016:
- A one page Expression of Interest that outlines your:
- Project idea
- Relevance to the themes of the festival
- Potential partnership / venue / site for presentation
- A short biography or a one page Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Contact phone number where you can be reached in July 2016
- Optional for EoI stage: Samples of your work, provided as a single pdf or Powerpoint document or URL links
Submit all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org